Thursday, December 31, 2009

Goodbye 2009.....

Goodbye to 2009. This year had a lot of wonderful memories, but also some sad ones. I lost my last grandparent, Grandma Betty, and my aunt passed away as well. I appreciate that my aunt was able to make it to the wedding and share our special day. But 2009 produced some amazing moments as well. Many friends and family got married and had children of their own. My little sister turned 21 and is quickly turning into a young woman, while my mom celebrated her 60th. Craig and I closed escrow and bought a house in Anaheim; a dream come true. I did not think I would own a house in So Cal until after my 30s. But here we are with our own lawn to mow, rooms to paint and decorate and beds to make. It is an amazing feeling knowing that this house is ours. 2009 brought us wonderful vacations as well. We spent a week on the Mexican Riviera for our honeymoon, spent weekends at the River, 10 days in Hawaii, gambling and drinking in Vegas, and a trip to Autzen stadium in Oregon. This year has been really busy. The highlight of 2009 was finally saying "I do," to my best friend. Craig and I tied the knot and I became Mrs. Kobayashi. Our wedding day is the happiest of my entire life and the moments we shared with family and friends will not be forgotten. 2010 has a lot of work to do if it plans on topping 2009. Its off to a good start with tickets to the Rose Bowl game on Jan 1st. I already know some highlights to come this year: my mom's retirement, another trip to Oregon, maybe Cabo, working on my master's, finishing BTSA, and so much more. So long 2009. You were one of the greatest years of my life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment